In the event of an accident or illness of an employee or visitor in your area, the following procedures should be followed:
- Do not move injured or ill persons unless it is necessary to avoid further injury.
- Reassure the accident victim or ill person that emergency assistance is on the way.
- Call 911
- Provide the following information:
- Your name
- The address of the building
- The location of the patient
- The patient’s suspected injury or illness
- Only provide care that you have been trained to perform
- Send someone out to meet the ambulance and show the paramedics where the patient is located.
- Recontact 911 if the status of the injured or ill person changes.